1. Heat the oven to 180 degrees and preheat the roasting rack.
2. Season the monkfish with a pinch salt, and wrap the monkfish in four slices of Parma ham and a handful of basil leaves on top. Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 2 hours.
5. Over a low heat, cook the monkfish in a non-stick pan on both sides until the Parma ham becomes crispy. Once crispy, put the monkfish roll on a roasting rack and cook for about 5-8 min in the oven, covering in foil once removed.
7. Meanwhile, place a pot over a low heat and pour in the garlic, chilli oil and cleaned mussels. After 2 minutes, add the white wine and place the lid over the pot for another 3-5 minutes.
9. Once cooked, scoop out the mussels and leave to one side. Add the saffron and cook until your desired consistency.
10. Carefully remove the mussels from the shell. (If the shell is still closed, they are not safe for eating).